You are hereHome › Sonora Community Centre Re-opening September 21, 2020!
Canada's warmest welcome ®* October 31 2020
Sonora Community Centre Re-opening September 21, 2020!
2020 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
OFFICE CLOSED (2020)
RESCHEDULED Large (Bulky) Items Curbside Garbage Collection
2020 Osoyoos Market On Main
Art Gallery Summer Artisan Market Extended Through September 19
The Osoyoos Art Gallery Presents The Okanagan and Beyond
International Osoyoos Lake Board of Control Virtual Public Meeting October 8
9th Annual United Way Drive Thru Breakfast October 8
Art Gallery Creativity In Our Community Application Deadline Nov 21
Osoyoos Credit Union Trick or Treat Main Street Virtual Edition
2020 Osoyoos Winter Market
2020 Christmas Artisan Market
Desert Valley Hospice Society AGM November 30
Sonora Community Centre Re-opening September 21, 2020
We are pleased to announce that the Sonora Community Centre will be reopening on Monday September 21! To ensure the safety of our patrons and staff the following procedures, protocols and guidelines will be in place:
- All patrons must use the entrance on the east side of the building (door beside the Osoyoos Elementary School basketball courts). You will not be permitted access from the front door by the library.
Everyone entering the building will be required to complete a screening form and sign an informed consent form each time they enter the building. Anyone who is showing signs or under the investigation of a respiratory illness, has been outside of the country in the previous 14 days or has been in close contact with someone who has or is under the investigation of a respiratory illness will not be permitted to enter the building.
- The doors to the Sonora Community Centre will remained locked. Users must book a time to use the facility or make an appointment to see the staff at the Sonora Community Centre. Users will be allowed into the facility no more than 15 minutes prior to their booked time and are asked to exit the building promptly after your booked time.
- Those wishing to use the weight room must book their workout time in advance. Users may book no more than 1 hour of time and must have a current 1 month, 3 month, 6 month or annual pass for the Sonora Community Centre. Weight room users must come already dressed to workout. Staff will begin taking bookings for pickleball courts Thursday September 17th, 2020.
Change rooms and showers will not be available.
- Fitness classes will be available starting in October. Registration will be required and will start September 23.
- Pickleball courts will be available to book for 1 hour time slots. Users must book a full court (4 players) and all players must have a current 1 month, 3 month, 6 month or annual pass for the Sonora Community Centre. Courts may not be booked more than two weeks in advance. Players must bring their own equipment. Paddles and balls will not be provided. Staff will begin taking bookings for pickleball courts Thursday September 17th, 2020.
- Facility users will be encouraged to wear masks in the hallway, wash/sanitize their hands before and after accessing the building and must follow physical distancing guidelines.
Everyone that had a current membership when the centre was shut down March 17, 2020 will have their membership extended to make up for the time that was lost. 10 punch pass holders with passes remaining will be grandfathered in until their passes are used at which time they will be required to switch to a 1 month, 3 month, 6 month or annual pass.
For more information regarding the re-opening of the Sonora Community Centre call:
Community Services Department
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Plan an Event
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Pay by Credit Card
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit an Event
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam