You are hereHome › Open house provided residents clearer picture of Fire Hall project
Canada's warmest welcome ®* April 26 2019
Open house provided residents clearer picture of Fire Hall project
18th Annual Volunteer Appreciation Awards and Breakfast on April 6
Spirit of Osoyoos Community BBQ Fundraiser on May 3
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
South Okanagan Concert Society - 2019 Concert Season
The Art Gallery presents "Quilts Etc."
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
Osoyoos Museum Society Annual General Meeting
Osoyoos Museum - The Great Day of Adventure
Farm and Ranch Wildfire Preparedness Workshop
Osoyoos Art Gallery "On The Wall"
CFSO - A Community Conversation on Housing
Burger & Beer Fundraiser - Desert Valley Hospice Society
2019 Soroptimist Spring Fashion Show
25th Annual Easter Eggstravaganza April 20, 2019
SOAP Theatre presents Lawrence & Holloman
The Art Gallery 'Trifocal Perspectives'
NOON OFFICE CLOSURE at Town Hall on April 11, 2019
Volunteers Needed for Pitch-In Week on April 27
Osoyoos Rural Fire Protection District Annual Meeting April 25
Day of Mourning on Sunday, April 28
Hike for Hospice on May 5 - Oliver
Osoyoos Lake Water Quality Society 2019 AGM on May 8
Art Gallery Opening Reception for Authenticity on May 2
Facility tour, open house provides Osoyoos residents with clearer picture of Fire Hall project
A Town of Osoyoos effort Thursday to provide information about a proposed Fire Hall was a big success, with more than 60 residents showing up at a facility open house and community meeting.
“I was pleased with the turnout for these events,” said Osoyoos Mayor Stu Wells. “Osoyoos residents are known for doing their due diligence and are keenly interested in this project.”
Thursday morning and afternoon, the Osoyoos Volunteer Fire Department opened its doors to residents, allowing an up-close and personal look at the facility and equipment the community’s dedicated firefighters use to keep Osoyoos safe.
The department wanted residents to see first-hand the tight quarters in which firefighters work.
The Town then hosted a community discussion at the Sonora Centre to provide more information on the proposed new Fire Hall.
After explaining the need for a new facility to replace an aging, ailing Fire Hall downtown, administrators and fire department officers fielded questions to provide for an open, free-ranging discussion on the need, cost and sustainability of the new Fire Hall.
“I believe most of those attending went home with their questions answered,” said Mayor Wells.
The open house and information session are part of the Town’s effort to ensure a transparent, information-rich discussion as it embarks on an Alternative Approval Process to gain elector assent for funding construction of the new Fire Hall.
The proposed Fire Hall, which would be located on 74 Avenue near Hwy. 97, has a total building cost of about $6.6 million.
Click Here to learn more information on the Fire Hall Construction.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Pay my Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam