You are hereHome › News Release - Osoyoos Awards Contract for Organizational Review
Canada's warmest welcome ®* April 23 2019
News Release - Osoyoos Awards Contract for Organizational Review
18th Annual Volunteer Appreciation Awards and Breakfast on April 6
Spirit of Osoyoos Community BBQ Fundraiser on May 3
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
South Okanagan Concert Society - 2019 Concert Season
The Art Gallery presents "Quilts Etc."
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
Osoyoos Museum Society Annual General Meeting
Osoyoos Museum - The Great Day of Adventure
Farm and Ranch Wildfire Preparedness Workshop
Osoyoos Art Gallery "On The Wall"
CFSO - A Community Conversation on Housing
Burger & Beer Fundraiser - Desert Valley Hospice Society
2019 Soroptimist Spring Fashion Show
25th Annual Easter Eggstravaganza April 20, 2019
SOAP Theatre presents Lawrence & Holloman
The Art Gallery 'Trifocal Perspectives'
NOON OFFICE CLOSURE at Town Hall on April 11, 2019
Volunteers Needed for Pitch-In Week on April 27
Osoyoos Council has awarded the contract for an independent review of the Town’s structure and operations – a three-month study which will ensure that the municipality’s organization, staffing and financial arrangements are as efficient and effective as possible.
Council decided this week to award the contract to Helios Group, a Vancouver-based management consulting firm. Helios submitted one of the four bids received within Council’s target budget of $30,000. Helios will be paid $28,000 for project services, $3,000 for travel expenses, plus $3,360 HST.
Osoyoos Chief Administrative Officer Barry Romanko says the Helios review, led by project manager Sean Baird, will look at a number of issues, including:
• Town business activities which should be considered compulsory and which are discretionary.
• The best organizational structure and staffing level for the Town administration.
• A staff succession plan to deal with retirements.
• Financial planning strategies to achieve needed capital and operational improvements.
Romanko says Helios will begin the review in late November with an initial meeting with Council. The study process will include interviews with councillors and Town staff as well as a review of local services and comparisons with the structure and operations of a number of similar municipalities.
The project is scheduled to be completed by February 15, 2011 – which will allow Council to consider its recommendations during preparation of the Town’s 2011-12 budget.
Mayor Stu Wells says Council looks forward to the review, since it will be the first time in 18 years that a third-party study of the municipality’s structure and operations has been conducted.
“It’s time for us to check and see that we are able to deliver the services that our residents need in a sustainable and effective way,” the Mayor says. He notes that a number of other governments have conducted operational reviews in recent years and it is prudent for local Councils to have such studies done every few years, to ensure that they are operating local services effectively and efficiently.
“Independent reviews carried out by reputable management consulting firms like Helios provide unbiased professional assessments and recommendations – and we look forward to the results of this process,” Mayor Wells says.
Printable version of the News Release.
For more information please contact the following:
Stu Wells, Mayor
Barry Romanko, CAO
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Pay my Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam