You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for September 4, 2018
Canada's warmest welcome ®* September 15 2019
Council Meeting Highlights for September 4, 2018
Participate Osoyoos (Mass Registration) on September 11
2019 Terry Fox Run on Sunday, September 15
"Family Splash Day" on July 17 and August 14 at Osoyoos Splash Park
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
2019 Music in the Park
2019 Osoyoos Market on Main
Desert Park Racetrack Open House on August 5
Groundwater Well Licencing Workshop on August 14
Art Gallery Opening Reception for Multitude of Muses on September 6
On Point Official OCP Launch Event September 12
Is Firefighting in your FUTURE come to Participate Osoyoos on Sept 11
International Osoyoos Lake Board of Control Public Meeting Sept 17
Art Gallery Creativity In Our Community Application Deadline Dec 15
Service Canada Scheduled Outreach
Council Meeting Highlights for September 4, 2018
Click on button to watch the video of the Committee of the Whole, Regular Open Meeting, Public Hearing and Special Open Meeting.
Committee of the Whole Regular Open Meeting Public Hearing Special Open Meeting
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE
- Osoyoos Airport Development Society President, Glen Harris gave a project update on the Airport and showed where all the funds have been allocated. Mr. Harris stated if going forward with the runway extension there is no additional large earthwork that needs to be done. Three crown lots need to be consolidated with the airport lands to allow the road closure. OADS requested that Council have staff follow-up with the consolidation of three lots. Mr. Harris stated that their goal is to promote air access to the community so that charter flights can land in Osoyoos.
- Canadian Mental Health Association Community Educator, Liesel Reimer gave an overview of what services the Canadian Mental Health Association provides to the public such as: Living Life to the Full, Creating Safe Spaces, Suicidal Alertness. There are various options of training for community, workplaces and school workplaces.
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.109, 2018 (Recreational Cannabis Retail Sales in the C1, C2, C3 Zones with Site Specific Rezoning) was read first and second time. To date, the Province has indicated that policies related to the sale of cannabis will be fully implemented by October 17th, 2018. This amendment allows Council to approve a rezoning application for Cannabis Sales as a site-specific permitted use in the C1, C2, C3 Zones with consideration of Policy PLA-019 and any additional information Council deems appropriate including all or some of the information required through the Provincial Licensing process. A public hearing is set for October 1st at 7:00 pm at the Sonora Community Centre.
- Cannabis Retail Sales Policy (PLA-019) was adopted. This policy is to provide general guidelines to assist in consideration of applications to rezone a property in order to accommodate a Cannabis retail sales outlet.
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.111, 2018 – 9141 Main Street was read first and second time. The applicant is proposing to build a drive-thru car wash and oil change service station in the Gateway Plaza. A public hearing is set for September 17, 2018 at 4:00 pm in Council Chambers.
- Council approved Development Variance Permit No. 18-02 (5225 Lakeshore Drive)
- Council approved Development Variance Permit No. 18-03 (3 Braeburn Place)
- Council approved Development Permit 18-03 (9141 Main Street)
- Council accepted the Age Friendly Assessment Report as information for future community development.
- Council approved the Destination Marketing Agreement 2018-2022 and the Town’s signing authorities are authorized to sign the agreement.
- Councillor Youngberg reminded everyone of Lobster on the Beach this weekend.
- Councillor Youngberg advised that puncture vine and clean-up of the Desert Park Facility is ongoing.
- Councillor Campol enjoyed seeing all the activities that occurred this summer throughout the community.
- Councillor Campol gave Kudos to all those who help organize and put these events on.
- Councillor King thanked the Three Amigos for the great entertainment and organization of Music in the Park.
- Mayor McKortoff thanked the organizers of Music in the Park for all the hard work this summer putting on this event.
- Mayor McKortoff reminded everyone that school zones are back and please be careful.
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.107, 2018 - This is a proposed rezoning of Airport lot 1 from M1 – General Industrial – Site Specific (restricted uses) to Comprehensive Development CD-10 (to allow for a mix of restricted general industrial uses with accessory residential). The proposal is to allow for the construction of a 7 unit general industrial building. The intent is to have one residential unit above each of the strata industrial units.
SPECIAL OPEN MEETING
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.107, 2018 was read third time. This is a proposed rezoning of Airport lot 1 from M1 – General Industrial – Site Specific (restricted uses) to Comprehensive Development CD-10 (to allow for a mix of restricted general industrial uses with accessory residential). The proposal is to allow for the construction of a 7 unit general industrial building. The intent is to have one residential unit above each of the strata industrial units.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00 am on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 pm to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam