You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for September 18, 2017
Canada's warmest welcome ®* November 17 2019
Council Meeting Highlights for September 18, 2017
2019 Rockin' with Santa on December 21 at Sun Bowl Arena
Halloween Monster's Ball on October 31 at SCC
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
2019 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
Art Gallery Creativity In Our Community Application Deadline Dec 15
2019-2020 Osoyoos Concert Series
Live at the Summit Music Series 2019 - 2020
2019 Osoyoos Festival Society Annual Christmas Lite Up
Art Gallery Opening Reception for The Way We See It on October 12
Fire Prevention Week Open House and BBQ at Fire Hall on October 12
2019 Empty Bowls Fundraiser November 13
2019 Soroptimists of Osoyoos Fashion Show November 16
Desert Valley Hospice Caring Hands Fundraiser November 23
2019 Christmas Artisan Market Open House November 9
2020 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
Remembrance Day Ceremony on November 11, 2019
Santa's Night Out 2019
United Church Thrift Shop Christmas Sale
East Osoyoos Christmas Market
2019 A Winter Concert with Saskia and Darrel
Council Meeting Highlights for September 18, 2017
- The Osoyoos Elementary School Students made a presentation on WeDay. The students are planning on attending this year. They showed a video on the WeDay celebrations that were held in Vancouver in 2016. Council has approved $1250 to offset the costs of the WeDay trip and approved the use of the bus with appropriate insurance in place should the bus be available.
- Greyhound Canada Transportation has made an application to reduce minimum route frequency and eliminate certain route points. Council has directed administration to write a letter expressing Council’s concerns regarding Greyhound’s application to reduce their route frequency and eliminate certain route points.
- Automated Voting Machines - Council has directed staff to advise Mr. Murseli that the Town will not be repealing Automated Voting Machine Bylaw No. 1239, 2008 and will not be holding an alternate approval process on the matter.
- Council has directed staff to bring the Dog Park Baseball Diamond options to the budget discussions for cost and design for 2 ball diamonds in the Desert Park infield which would be sized for minor ball and slow pitch use and include shale infields, pitching mound and fencing; and staff were directed to bring the costs to convert the dog park back into a minor baseball diamond and develop a dog park at Kinsmen Park that is compatible with the current playground area to the budget discussions; and staff were also directed to identify the development of future baseball diamonds on the test orchard by Osoyoos Secondary School to be included in the Town Business Plan and 5 year Capital Budget.
- The Town will be purchasing a large coniferous tree to be placed at Gyro Park to commemorate the 150th Anniversary of Canada’s confederation. Council has directed staff to purchase a 15 foot Douglas fir that is available from Grand Forks at a cost of $500.
- Council has awarded the contract to Maxam Constructors for the Operational Services Department office renovation in the amount of $252,223.00.
- Council has denied Mr. Demelo’s request for a reduced sewer service hook up rate and has directed administration to charge the hook up rates of $23,790 for the property identified as PID 025-622-994.
- Councillor Rhodes acknowledged that the news director of Global BC News sent Councillor Rhodes an email about the Smokenagon comment.
- Councillor Rhodes congratulated the Osoyoos Rotary Lobster on the beach for their successful event.
- Councillor Campol attended the Nk’Mip Salmon fundraiser at the Desert Cultural Centre.
- Councillor Campol attended the Freedom of the Municipality ceremony for Chief Louie in Oliver.
- Councillor King attended the Economic Development meeting on September 6th.
- Councillor Youngberg gave kudos to Kenton Gilchrist for his economic project.
- Mayor McKortoff encouraged those who would like to attend the Chronic Pain Management Seminar dealing with healthcare in rural communities from 7:00 – 9:00pm at the Senior Centre on September 19th.
- Mayor McKortoff advised that Council will be meeting with all the Ministries who they have put requests in to meet at the UBCM.
A Public Hearing was held on September 18, 2017 for Official Community Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 1230.20, 2017, and Foreshore and Lake Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1294.02, 2017. Bylaw No. 1230.20, 2017 proposes to add a new Foreshore and Lake Development Permit Area (FLDPA) into the OCP to promote environmentally-sensitive design of private moorage facilities, and to complement the Town’s Foreshore and Lake Zoning Bylaw and Riparian Development Permit Area (RDPA). Bylaw No. 1294.02, 2017 proposes various housekeeping improvements that would bring the Foreshore and Lake Zoning Bylaw more into conformity with Provincial regulations, round out regulatory requirements, and add clarity to some text.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam