You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for November 4, 2013
Canada's warmest welcome ®* July 23 2019
Council Meeting Highlights for November 4, 2013
2019 Property Tax Payments are Due on Tuesday, July 2
Annual General Meeting on June 17, 2019
"Family Splash Day" on July 17 and August 14 at Osoyoos Splash Park
NOTICE Weight Room Closure at SCC June 19 (Wednesday)
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
Osoyoos Museum - The Great Day of Adventure
2019 Music in the Park
2019 Cactus Jalopies 15th Annual Desert Wine Tour
71st Annual Cherry Fiesta July 1, 2019
2019 Osoyoos Market on Main
Osoyoos Lawn Bowling Club Free Intro Lessons
2019 Osoyoos Art Gallery Summer Artisan Market Opening
Public Open House Evacuation Route Plan on June 25
Grand Opening of Osoyoos Off Leash Dog Park on June 19
Meet and Greet with Minister Sims on June 24
Desert Valley Hospice Society Poker Rally July 7
Parkour Camps July 15-July 19 and August 5-August 9
Desert Park Racetrack Open House on August 5
- Osoyoos and District Arts Council - A letter of understanding was approved with the Arts Council for use of the Sonora Community Centre and approval was given to proceed with renovations to the stage at Sonora Centre.
- "Y" Property Trees - Council approved a quote from Penticton Tree Service in the amount of $12,075.00 through Resort Municipality Funding for the cleanup of the "Y" property.
- Proposed changes to Federal Reserve Land Policy - a letter will be directed to the federal government expressing concerns with proposed changes in the Federal Addition to Reserve Land Policy. Council further requested that the issue be addressed with MP Atamanenko during future discussions.
- Request for inclusion in Town irrigation system - Council approved the request to include the Hartmann property in the Town of Osoyoos irrigation system with all servicing costs to be borne by the applicant.
- Licence to Use Cottonwood Park - Council approved entering into a two year agreement with 3Phase Adventures Inc. for use of a designated portion of beach area at Cottonwood Park for its water sports equipment rental business.
- Zoning Bylaw Amendment respecting commercial marihuana operations - Council directed staff to prepare an amendment to the Town's Zoning Bylaw for consideration of options for regulating or prohibiting commercial marihuana operations. A report will be brought forward at the December 2nd regular meeting.
- Board of Variance Amendment Bylaw - Council gave first three readings to Bylaw No. 1295.01 for text amendments to the Board of Variance Bylaw.
- TRUE Consulting Engineering provided a presentation at the Committee of Whole meeting on its new Infrastructure Information Management System and presented the Town with digital geographic files of all drawings made by TRUE of Town sites.
- Representatives of the South Okanagan Similkameen Community Foundation provided Council with an update on the Smart and Caring Communities Initiative and circulated the 2013 Vital Signs report outlining the Foundation's stewardship of grant funding for the region.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00 AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam