You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for May 15, 2017
Canada's warmest welcome ®* November 14 2019
Council Meeting Highlights for May 15, 2017
2019 Rockin' with Santa on December 21 at Sun Bowl Arena
Halloween Monster's Ball on October 31 at SCC
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
2019 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
Art Gallery Creativity In Our Community Application Deadline Dec 15
2019-2020 Osoyoos Concert Series
Live at the Summit Music Series 2019 - 2020
2019 Osoyoos Festival Society Annual Christmas Lite Up
Art Gallery Opening Reception for The Way We See It on October 12
Fire Prevention Week Open House and BBQ at Fire Hall on October 12
2019 Empty Bowls Fundraiser November 13
2019 Soroptimists of Osoyoos Fashion Show November 16
Desert Valley Hospice Caring Hands Fundraiser November 23
2019 Christmas Artisan Market Open House November 9
2020 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
Remembrance Day Ceremony on November 11, 2019
Santa's Night Out 2019
United Church Thrift Shop Christmas Sale
East Osoyoos Christmas Market
Council Meeting Highlights for May 15, 2017
- President Dallas Morin of Dalden Global Inc., Gabe Seinmeyer and Pierter Jordaan of BGA Management America presented to Council an economic development proposal that would include a Sister City Agreement with a Town in Israel.
- Request for Proposals to Repair the Town Hall Roof will be going out to the public.
- Council has asked that a report be brought to the Regular Council meeting to discuss the service levels of the Marina Boat Trailer Parking.
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- Chelsea Cameron Horner, Candidate for Miss Canada Petite stated that she will be representing Osoyoos in the Miss Canada Petite in August of 2017 in Toronto.
- Unsightly Property – 8308 70th Avenue, Lot 11,Plan 3085 DL2450S. Council has deemed the property unsightly pursuant to the Good Neighbour Bylaw No. 1277, 2011 and amendments thereto and that the property owner be ordered to clear the property by May 29th, 2017.
- 2017 Osoyoos Tax Rates Bylaw No. 1330, 2017 was adopted. This bylaw updates the tax rates for 2017, with the due date being July 4th, 2017.
- 5 Year Financial Plan Bylaw No. 1329, 2017 was adopted. Section 165 of the Community Charter requires municipalities to prepare a Financial Plan for a period of five years, which is adopted annually by bylaw. The Charter also requires council to undertake a process of public consultation regarding the proposed financial plan before it is adopted. The Public was provided the opportunity to make a presentation to Council at the May 15, 2017 Regular Open meeting on the Financial Plan Bylaw (see notices on the Town’s website).
- Administrative Fees and Charges Bylaw No. 1269.01, 2017 was read for a first, second and third time as amended by adding that non-profit groups are exempt from the $25.00 fee. Special Event Application Policy include the addition of fees to the Special Event Application Form.
- Recreation Fees and Charges Bylaw No. 1180.11, 2017 was read for a first, second and third time.
- Official Community Plan Amendment No. 1230.19, 2017 (Regional Context Statement Update) was adopted.
- Council accepted the 2017-20 Business Plan as presented by Barry Romanko, CAO
- The Town has advised the Province that we are interested in administering the Victim Services Program for 2017/18 but that the commitment is year to year and will be evaluated again at the next renewal date.
- Council approved administration to submit a project development grant application in the amount of $10,000 to the BC Rural Dividend Program to assist with the funding of a Downtown Revitalization Plan.
- Marina Repairs - Council accepted Osoyoos Shoreline Developments request to a 50/50 cost share on the current damages to the marina and change the agreement to reflect a 50/50 cost share on the “Act of God” damages.
- Council did not allow use of the Boat Trailer Parking lot for local marina lease holders.
- Councillor Youngberg is working on the Medieval Event. The event is to raise money to improve and keep Desert Park in a continuation improvement of the facility.
- Councillor Rhodes reminded residents to be vigilant and be aware of the flood hazard.
- Councillor Campol attended the Move for Health event.
- Councillor Campol attended the School District #53 School Board meeting.
- Councillor Campol is attending the Canada 150 event in Ottawa.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the Hike for Hospice walk.
- Mayor McKortoff advised Market on Main is now happening on Saturdays. May 20th is the Grand Opening of the event.
- Mayor McKortoff advised that the Ducks Unlimited Conference is being held in Osoyoos this weekend.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam