You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for March 04, 2019
Canada's warmest welcome ®* May 24 2019
Council Meeting Highlights for March 04, 2019
Annual General Meeting on June 17, 2019
18th Annual Volunteer Appreciation Awards and Breakfast on April 6
Spirit of Osoyoos Community BBQ Fundraiser on May 3
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
Osoyoos Museum Society Annual General Meeting
Osoyoos Museum - The Great Day of Adventure
2019 Soroptimist Spring Fashion Show
25th Annual Easter Eggstravaganza April 20, 2019
SOAP Theatre presents Lawrence & Holloman
The Art Gallery 'Trifocal Perspectives'
NOON OFFICE CLOSURE at Town Hall on April 11, 2019
Volunteers Needed for Pitch-In Week on April 27
Osoyoos Rural Fire Protection District Annual Meeting April 25
Day of Mourning on Sunday, April 28
Hike for Hospice on May 5 - Oliver
Osoyoos Lake Water Quality Society 2019 AGM on May 8
Art Gallery Opening Reception for Authenticity on May 2
Naloxone Training at Sonora Community Centre on May 6
2019 Music in the Park
Meadowlark Festival May 16-20
2019 Cactus Jalopies 15th Annual Desert Wine Tour
Parks Canada Public Information Session May 15, 2019
2019 Shred It and Forget It Event on May 25
71th Annual Cherry Fiesta July 1, 2019
2019 Osoyoos Market on Main
2019 Business Promoting Business Networking Night May 15
Request for Proposal (RFP) Platform Lift for Sun Bowl Arena
Osoyoos Lawn Bowling Club Free Intro Lessons
Osoyoos Lawn Bowling Club Public Drop-In
Council Meeting Highlights for March 04, 2019
Click on button to watch the video of the Committee of the Whole or Regular Open Meeting.
COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE MEETING
- Leah Schulting Executive Director and James Weldon, Development Consultant from the Canadian Mental Health Association provided Council with a presentation on affordable housing development for seniors and families.
- Kim English, Community Development Officer for Community Foundations provided Council with a presentation.
- John Kurvink, Finance Manager of Regional District Okanagan Similkameen (RDOS) presented Council with the 2019 RDOS Budget.
- Council directed staff to make changes to the Park Naming Policy and bring back an application form as a schedule to the policy and bring back to the next Committee of the Whole meeting.
- Cactus Jalopies provided Council with a promotional video. To view the video:
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- Water District Rates and Regulations Amendment Bylaw No. 1241.12, 2019 was adopted. The Town of Osoyoos operates their rural water system under the Water District Rates and Regulations Bylaw 1241. Each year the Town’s bylaws are reviewed and when changes are required they are brought forward to update the content and/or the fees and charges.
- Council directed the Mayor to contact MLA Larson’s office and inform her of Councils decision to not support her request for a letter supporting a referendum on the National Park Reserve in the Okanagan-Similkameen.
- Delegation of Authority Bylaw No. 1292, 2019 was adopted. This Bylaw delegates the authority to make expenditures of budgeted funds up to $150,000 and other administrative decisions.
- Loan authorization Bylaw No. 1347, 2018 was adopted. This Loan authorization Bylaw is to allow the Town of Osoyoos to borrow funds to secure financing for the Main Lift Station Reconstruction project.
- Waste Management Services and Regulations amendment Bylaw No. 1309.05, 2019 was read three times. This Bylaw was established to set regulations for services to collect and dispose of solid waste and recyclable materials within the Town of Osoyoos, and for materials accepted at the Osoyoos Sanitary landfill.
- 5 Year Financial Plan Bylaw No. 1349, 2019 was read three times. A number of budget meetings were held to discuss the 2019-2023 budget including a public consultation on January 30th, 2019. The 5 Year Financial Plan Bylaw No. 1349, 2019, is now being presented for Council consideration. Council directed staff to allow for the public to provide input into the financial plan on March 18, 2019, prior to Council consideration of adoption.
- Council awarded the contract for Intersection Improvements at Jasmine Drive/32nd Avenue and Highway No. 3/70th Avenue to Mike Johnson Excavating Ltd. for $301,244.00 (GST not included).
- Council appointed Mayor McKortoff and Councillor King to the Oliver Community Safety and Crime Prevention Committee. The committee objectives are focusing on exploring current and emerging issues in relation to public safety within the Town of Oliver and regional partner areas and to address such matters as Police Services, Bylaw Enforcement, Fire Rescue Services, Emergency Preparedness Management, Ambulance Service Levels, Correctional and Prison Services.
- Council approved the new CAO Job Description. The existing CAO job description is not contemporary to the methodologies and content that describe the function of the CAO.
- Council passed a resolution supporting the contents of the Administrative Fees and Charges Bylaw No. 1337 and the $.50/page charge for this and future requests for photocopying the budget book during the term of this Council.
- Councillor Rhodes congratulated CAO Romanko on the announcement of his retirement in August.
- Councillor Bennett attended the Municipal Insurance Association meetings in Vancouver and has been appointed to the Board of Directors.
- Councillor Harvey attended the Okanagan Regional Library orientation meeting.
- Mayor McKortoff and Councillors attended the CAO recruitment meeting.
- Mayor McKortoff congratulated Councillor Bennett for his appointment to the Municipal Insurance Association Board of Directors.
- Mayor McKortoff and Councillors attended a meeting with the Town of Oliver.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Pay my Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam