You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for July 7, 2014
Canada's warmest welcome ®* November 20 2019
Council Meeting Highlights for July 7, 2014
2019 Rockin' with Santa on December 21 at Sun Bowl Arena
Halloween Monster's Ball on October 31 at SCC
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
2019 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
Art Gallery Creativity In Our Community Application Deadline Dec 15
2019-2020 Osoyoos Concert Series
Live at the Summit Music Series 2019 - 2020
2019 Osoyoos Festival Society Annual Christmas Lite Up
Art Gallery Opening Reception for The Way We See It on October 12
Fire Prevention Week Open House and BBQ at Fire Hall on October 12
2019 Empty Bowls Fundraiser November 13
2019 Soroptimists of Osoyoos Fashion Show November 16
Desert Valley Hospice Caring Hands Fundraiser November 23
2019 Christmas Artisan Market Open House November 9
2020 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
Remembrance Day Ceremony on November 11, 2019
Santa's Night Out 2019
United Church Thrift Shop Christmas Sale
East Osoyoos Christmas Market
2019 A Winter Concert with Saskia and Darrel
2019 Osoyoos Community Theatre - Cod Gone Wild
2019 Osoyoos Museum Fundraiser - Burger and Beer
- Okanagan Salmon Community Initiative Presented by Rick Simpson, OSCI Steering Committee
- Adopted - Public Moorage Regulations Amendment Bylaw No. 1287.01, 2014 and Municipal Ticket Information Systems Amendment Bylaw No. 1279.08, 2014.
- Directional Signage - Bring forward during Business Plan meeting in August for Council to review.
- Request to identify Timberwolf- Staff are to look at various breeds of dogs to ensure the aggressive type dogs are included as restricted in the new animal control bylaw and that delegation of authority be given to the CAO in the bylaw to address various requests to add breeds.
- Sewer Servicing of the Butula Property Council accepted the s request for inclusion within the town boundary; administration to seek out the interest of the remaining properties to 98th Avenue to be included in the Town.
- South Okanagan-Similkameen National Park - Council supports bringing a resolution to the UBCM Convention.
- Osoyoos Elks Seniors Society Financial Request - Council approved the Town provide funding for surface materials in the amount of $640 plus taxes for a total of $716.80.
- Transit Operating Agreement - Council resolved the Town cover the 2015 Transit budget increase for lease fees through the Community Works Fund.
Council supports the new Friday trip from Osoyoos to Penticton for the 2015 operating year. Fare increases approved.
- Fire Hall Design and Construction - Council endorses the Fire Hall Final Design as the basis for a borrowing bylaw and providing public information.
Osoyoos Indian Band Fire Hall Agreement Council approved the Fire Hall Contribution Agreement with the OIB's signatories to sign the agreement on behalf of the Town.
Osoyoos Fire Hall Construction Loan Authorization Bylaw No. 1306, 2014 read a first, second and third time and forwarded to the Inspector of Municipalities for approval.
Osoyoos Fire Hall Elector Assent Council rescind Motion IC/49/14 and that staff action the Alternative Approval Process for public assent of the fire hall borrowing once the provincial review of the borrowing bylaw has been completed.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam