You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for July 4, 2017
Canada's warmest welcome ®* November 21 2019
Council Meeting Highlights for July 4, 2017
2019 Rockin' with Santa on December 21 at Sun Bowl Arena
Halloween Monster's Ball on October 31 at SCC
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
2019 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
Art Gallery Creativity In Our Community Application Deadline Dec 15
2019-2020 Osoyoos Concert Series
Live at the Summit Music Series 2019 - 2020
2019 Osoyoos Festival Society Annual Christmas Lite Up
Art Gallery Opening Reception for The Way We See It on October 12
Fire Prevention Week Open House and BBQ at Fire Hall on October 12
2019 Empty Bowls Fundraiser November 13
2019 Soroptimists of Osoyoos Fashion Show November 16
Desert Valley Hospice Caring Hands Fundraiser November 23
2019 Christmas Artisan Market Open House November 9
2020 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
Remembrance Day Ceremony on November 11, 2019
Santa's Night Out 2019
United Church Thrift Shop Christmas Sale
East Osoyoos Christmas Market
2019 A Winter Concert with Saskia and Darrel
2019 Osoyoos Community Theatre - Cod Gone Wild
2019 Osoyoos Museum Fundraiser - Burger and Beer
Council Meeting Highlights for July 4, 2017
- Dr Jason Bartsch, President of Osoyoos Minor Baseball Association (OMBA) made a presentation to Council and shared the success of the OMBA’s first two seasons and requested that Council upgrade the current baseball field infrastructure and expand on available facilities. Dr. Bartsch provided several scenarios to Council on the expansion of current facilities and touched on the relocation of the Dog Park to another location within the Town to accommodate the growing needs of OMBA. Council thanked Dr. Bartsch for his presentation and will have staff bring back a report to Council to expand on the possibilities of expanding current facilities as well as the Dog Park.
- Mrs. Dos Santos, Owner of Mrs. D’s Playschool made a presentation to Council requesting to lease or rent a room in the Sonora Community Centre to offer Playschool to Osoyoos families.
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- Foreshore and Lake Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1294.02, 2017 was read for a first and second time. This amendment is for housekeeping improvements to the Foreshore and Lake Zoning Bylaw No. 1294, 2012.
- Official Community Plan and Amendment Bylaw No. 1230.20, 2017 was read for a first and second time. This amendment will incorporate a Foreshore and Lake Development Permit Area (FLDPA).
- Land Use Procedures Amendment Bylaw No. 1235.06, 2017 was given three readings. This amendment will allow for FLDPA implementation.
- Municipal Ticket Information System Amendment Bylaw No. 1279.12, 2017 was given three readings. This amendment will allow municipal ticketing for violations of the FLDPA.
- Water Connection and Regulation Amendment Bylaw No. 753.03, 2017 – was adopted. This amendment will enable the provision of town water services outside the town boundary subject to a council approved contract.
- Administrative Fees and Charges Bylaw No. 1331, 2017 – was adopted. This Bylaw will replace Bylaw 1269 and will now contain these additions: an application fee for special events with the provisions that non-profit groups be exempt and an extra washroom cleaning fee with the provision that non-profit groups be exempt.
- Council released Destination Osoyoos from their lease of 8701 Main Street as of December 31, 2017 on the condition that the building is restored to the condition prior to the lease as required in the lease agreement.
- A report with additional information regarding the retaining wall along Magnolia Place Boulevard was presented to Council. This report gave Council more information regarding the property owner’s request for the town to provide maintenance of the boulevard slope adjacent to his property at 4415 Oleander Drive. The Property owner’s request was denied.
- Council approved the use of the Sonora Community Centre for a playschool and directed staff to develop a formal agreement.
- Council congratulated the 2017 Graduates of Osoyoos Secondary School and wished them all the best.
- Council thanked everyone who helped organize the 69th Cherry Fiesta celebrations.
- Mayor McKortoff welcomed Aikum Takher who is the new 2017 Osoyoos Ambassador.
- Mayor McKortoff encouraged everyone to attend the Market on Main which is held Saturday from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm and Wednesdays from 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm at the Town Hall Square.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam