You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights July 18, 2016
Canada's warmest welcome ®* April 24 2019
Council Meeting Highlights July 18, 2016
18th Annual Volunteer Appreciation Awards and Breakfast on April 6
Spirit of Osoyoos Community BBQ Fundraiser on May 3
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
South Okanagan Concert Society - 2019 Concert Season
The Art Gallery presents "Quilts Etc."
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
Osoyoos Museum Society Annual General Meeting
Osoyoos Museum - The Great Day of Adventure
Farm and Ranch Wildfire Preparedness Workshop
Osoyoos Art Gallery "On The Wall"
CFSO - A Community Conversation on Housing
Burger & Beer Fundraiser - Desert Valley Hospice Society
2019 Soroptimist Spring Fashion Show
25th Annual Easter Eggstravaganza April 20, 2019
SOAP Theatre presents Lawrence & Holloman
The Art Gallery 'Trifocal Perspectives'
NOON OFFICE CLOSURE at Town Hall on April 11, 2019
Volunteers Needed for Pitch-In Week on April 27
Osoyoos Rural Fire Protection District Annual Meeting April 25
Day of Mourning on Sunday, April 28
Council Meeting Highlights July 18, 2016
Click on either button to watch the video of the Committee of the Whole and the Regular Open meetings.
Committee of the Whole Regular Open Public Hearing
- The public were invited to speak before Council on Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.99, 2016. This bylaw deals with marihuana operations.
- A presentation given by Stephanie Hall, CEO of Okanagan Regional Library, gave an overview of services being utilized at the Osoyoos Branch at this time as well as the new e-Services coming. Program attendance has increased but the actual attendance was relatively stable. There is some shifting to electronic services as online visits are increasing.
- That the Community Services Fees and Charges Amendment Bylaw No. 1180.10, 2016 be read a first, second and third time. This Bylaw is to amend Recreation Services Fees and Charges.
- That a Public Hearing be set for August 15, 2016 at 4:00 PM in Council Chambers for public input on the proposed OCP Amendment Bylaw No. 1230.15, 2016 and Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.94. 2016. (For 8316 – 92nd Ave.) These Bylaws are to amend the Official Community Plan Bylaw No. 1230, 2007 and amend Zoning Bylaw No. 1085, 1998 from “R7 – High Density Residential” to “R3 – Low Density Residential”.
- That the Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.100, 2016 (Site Specific Permitted Use for Airport property) be read a first and second time. This Bylaw is to amend Zoning Bylaw No. 1085, 1998 to include the following uses: .10 indoor automotive storage, repair and restoration, and sales; and .11 caretaker suite with a maximum floor area of 100 m2.
- That a Special Open Meeting be held on August 9, 2016 at 3:30 PM in Council Chambers Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.99, 2016 (Marihuana Operations). This bylaw deals with marihuana operations.
- That the Development Cost Charge Bylaw No. 1322, 2016 be read a third time. This bylaw sets out DCC charges which developers will have to pay for infrastructure projects.
- Council directed that the Mayor and Corporate Officer be authorized to sign the Resort Municipality Cost Sharing Agreement between the Town of Osoyoos and the Province of British Columbia.
- Council denied the request to videotape the Public Hearing on July 18, 2016.
- Councillor Youngberg commended the Operational Services Department for all their hard work with the improvements to Main Street.
- Councillor Youngberg thanked the Bylaw Enforcement Officers for doing a great job.
- Councillor Campol thank everyone who tried to save Good Shepherd Christian School.
- Councillor Campol would love to see more art in the community; such as retail art, live music.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the street dance on July 16th and Music in the Park on July 15th. Thanked the volunteers for putting on these great events.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the sod turning event for the Patient Care Tower for Penticton Regional Hospital.
- Mayor McKortoff attended at the Okanagan Correctional Centre where they advised the building is 88% complete and on time and on budget. An open house will be held in the fall of 2016.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Pay my Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam