You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights from February 17, 2014
Canada's warmest welcome ®* November 11 2019
Council Meeting Highlights from February 17, 2014
2019 Rockin' with Santa on December 21 at Sun Bowl Arena
Halloween Monster's Ball on October 31 at SCC
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
2019 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
Art Gallery Creativity In Our Community Application Deadline Dec 15
2019-2020 Osoyoos Concert Series
Live at the Summit Music Series 2019 - 2020
2019 Osoyoos Festival Society Annual Christmas Lite Up
Art Gallery Opening Reception for The Way We See It on October 12
Fire Prevention Week Open House and BBQ at Fire Hall on October 12
2019 Empty Bowls Fundraiser November 13
2019 Soroptimists of Osoyoos Fashion Show November 16
Desert Valley Hospice Caring Hands Fundraiser November 23
2019 Christmas Artisan Market Open House November 9
2020 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
Remembrance Day Ceremony on November 11, 2019
Click on either button to watch the video of the Committee of the Whole and the Regular Open meetings.
- Water District Rates and Regulations Amendment Bylaw No. 1241.06, 2014 read a first, second and third time.
- Water Rates and Regulations Amendment Bylaw No. 1242.06, 2014 read a first, second and third time.
- Sewer Rates and Regulations Amendment Bylaw No. 1065.15, 2014 read a first, second and third time.
- Waste Management Services and Regulations Amendment Bylaw No. 1267.06, 2014 read a first, second and third time, with rates set out in Schedule “A” as $122.00 for curbside garbage/recycling collection and $82.00/tonne for Landfill Tipping Fees.
- Five Year Financial Plan Bylaw 1304, 2014 - Budget meeting is scheduled for February 24, 2014 6:30 p.m. public input will be received. Council read the Five Year Financial Plan Bylaw 1304, 2014 for the first time.
- OCP Amendment Bylaw No. 1230.14, 2014 “Form Based” Zoning Approach to Implement the SE Meadowlark Area Plan read a first, second and third time.
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.89, 2013 Medical Marihuana Grow Operations (MMGOs) - Osoyoos is one of the first communities in the Province to adopt such a bylaw.
- Emergency Program Bylaw No. 1246, 2014 read a first, second and third time.
- Council resolved that the resolution concerning boat inspections for Quagga and Zebra Mussels be approved in principle; and the resolution be forwarded to SILGA.
- Marina Parking Lot Slope Option - Council approved Rock Mulch for installation on the marina parking lot slope.
- Osoyoos Lake Lions Club – Notice of ceasing of operations - Council extended appreciation to the Lions Club for its 51 years of continuous service to the community.
- Community Services Master Plan – Contract awarded to Lees and Associates for the proposed amount of $53,985.49.
- Destination Osoyoos (DO) Fee for Service Agreement 2014 – 2018 Council resolved that Council approves the contract as presented with additional conditions. A letter of understanding be entered into with DO accepting the terms prior to them receiving an approved agreement from Council.
- Destination Osoyoos (DO) Marketing Agreement 2013 – 2017 Council approved the agreement as presented and signed off by DO.
- Bass Tournament – Request for Letter of Support to be provided. Staff to arrange through the Ministry for portable inspection stations for invasive mussels to be available at the event.
- Reminder for applications for 2014 Community Service Grants – February 28, 2014 deadline for non-profit organizations.
- Lieutenant Governor Judith Guichon recently spent two days touring the Town and attending events.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam