You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for December 2, 2013
Canada's warmest welcome ®* September 16 2019
Council Meeting Highlights for December 2, 2013
Participate Osoyoos (Mass Registration) on September 11
2019 Terry Fox Run on Sunday, September 15
"Family Splash Day" on July 17 and August 14 at Osoyoos Splash Park
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
2019 Music in the Park
2019 Osoyoos Market on Main
Desert Park Racetrack Open House on August 5
Groundwater Well Licencing Workshop on August 14
Art Gallery Opening Reception for Multitude of Muses on September 6
On Point Official OCP Launch Event September 12
Is Firefighting in your FUTURE come to Participate Osoyoos on Sept 11
International Osoyoos Lake Board of Control Public Meeting Sept 17
Art Gallery Creativity In Our Community Application Deadline Dec 15
Service Canada Scheduled Outreach
- Release of in camera motion regarding approval of fire hall contract with KMBR Architects and Planners to complete the fire hall final design for the fixed price of $78,345, on a sole sourcing basis.
- Wish Property ALR Exclusion - Applicant’s agent to spoke to application. Council voted 3 - 2 in favour of leaving the Wish Property within in the ALR, voting results to be forwarded to the ALC. ·Fire Protection Agreement – authorized the signing of the Fire Protection amending agreement between the Town of Osoyoos and the Osoyoos Rural Fire Protection District for 2013 and 2014.
- 2014 Council meeting schedule approved.
- Mayor Wells appointed to the RDOS Board with Councillor Rhodes as the Alternate.
- Councillor McKortoff appointed to the Okanagan Regional Library Board, with Councillor Ryan as the Alternate.
- Destination Osoyoos (DO) – Desert Live Music Festival - Council approved providing a portion of the funding in the amount of $15,000 from the Resort Municipality Special Events fund. Volunteers will be urgently needed for this event.
- Boat Trailer parking Lot Lease – 6901 Main Street approved the boat trailer parking lot lease agreement.
- Medical Marijuana Grow Operations (MMGOs) - Administration directed to formulate an approach to processing applications for medical marihuana grow operations in industrial areas.
- Bylaw No. 1085.88 – Council gave second and third reading to the Osoyoos Zoning Bylaw for Home Occupations.
- Christmas Lite-up is on December 6, 2013, the parade starts at 6:30 pm, for more information on local events refer to the Town’s event calendar.
- Dog faeces are a problem at this time of year, owners urged to be “good neighbours”.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam