You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for December 2, 2013
Canada's warmest welcome ®* November 15 2019
Council Meeting Highlights for December 2, 2013
2019 Rockin' with Santa on December 21 at Sun Bowl Arena
Halloween Monster's Ball on October 31 at SCC
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
2019 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
Art Gallery Creativity In Our Community Application Deadline Dec 15
2019-2020 Osoyoos Concert Series
Live at the Summit Music Series 2019 - 2020
2019 Osoyoos Festival Society Annual Christmas Lite Up
Art Gallery Opening Reception for The Way We See It on October 12
Fire Prevention Week Open House and BBQ at Fire Hall on October 12
2019 Empty Bowls Fundraiser November 13
2019 Soroptimists of Osoyoos Fashion Show November 16
Desert Valley Hospice Caring Hands Fundraiser November 23
2019 Christmas Artisan Market Open House November 9
2020 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
Remembrance Day Ceremony on November 11, 2019
Santa's Night Out 2019
United Church Thrift Shop Christmas Sale
East Osoyoos Christmas Market
2019 A Winter Concert with Saskia and Darrel
- Release of in camera motion regarding approval of fire hall contract with KMBR Architects and Planners to complete the fire hall final design for the fixed price of $78,345, on a sole sourcing basis.
- Wish Property ALR Exclusion - Applicant’s agent to spoke to application. Council voted 3 - 2 in favour of leaving the Wish Property within in the ALR, voting results to be forwarded to the ALC. ·Fire Protection Agreement – authorized the signing of the Fire Protection amending agreement between the Town of Osoyoos and the Osoyoos Rural Fire Protection District for 2013 and 2014.
- 2014 Council meeting schedule approved.
- Mayor Wells appointed to the RDOS Board with Councillor Rhodes as the Alternate.
- Councillor McKortoff appointed to the Okanagan Regional Library Board, with Councillor Ryan as the Alternate.
- Destination Osoyoos (DO) – Desert Live Music Festival - Council approved providing a portion of the funding in the amount of $15,000 from the Resort Municipality Special Events fund. Volunteers will be urgently needed for this event.
- Boat Trailer parking Lot Lease – 6901 Main Street approved the boat trailer parking lot lease agreement.
- Medical Marijuana Grow Operations (MMGOs) - Administration directed to formulate an approach to processing applications for medical marihuana grow operations in industrial areas.
- Bylaw No. 1085.88 – Council gave second and third reading to the Osoyoos Zoning Bylaw for Home Occupations.
- Christmas Lite-up is on December 6, 2013, the parade starts at 6:30 pm, for more information on local events refer to the Town’s event calendar.
- Dog faeces are a problem at this time of year, owners urged to be “good neighbours”.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam