You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights April 3, 2018
Canada's warmest welcome ®* November 17 2019
Council Meeting Highlights April 3, 2018
2019 Rockin' with Santa on December 21 at Sun Bowl Arena
Halloween Monster's Ball on October 31 at SCC
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
2019 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
Art Gallery Creativity In Our Community Application Deadline Dec 15
2019-2020 Osoyoos Concert Series
Live at the Summit Music Series 2019 - 2020
2019 Osoyoos Festival Society Annual Christmas Lite Up
Art Gallery Opening Reception for The Way We See It on October 12
Fire Prevention Week Open House and BBQ at Fire Hall on October 12
2019 Empty Bowls Fundraiser November 13
2019 Soroptimists of Osoyoos Fashion Show November 16
Desert Valley Hospice Caring Hands Fundraiser November 23
2019 Christmas Artisan Market Open House November 9
2020 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
Remembrance Day Ceremony on November 11, 2019
Santa's Night Out 2019
United Church Thrift Shop Christmas Sale
East Osoyoos Christmas Market
2019 A Winter Concert with Saskia and Darrel
Council Meeting Highlights April 3, 2018
Click on button to watch the video of the Regular Open Meeting.
Please note that there was no Committee of the Whole Meeting.
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- Water District Rates and Regulations Amendment Bylaw No. 1241.11, 2018 was adopted. The Town of Osoyoos operates their rural water system under the Water District Rates and Regulations Bylaw 1241. Each year the Town’s bylaws are reviewed and when changes are required they are brought forward as an amending bylaw to update the content and/or fees and charges.
- Council directed staff to invite Miss Universe Canada Delegate, Gina Pereira to a Committee of the Whole Meeting. Miss Gina Pereira has been selected to participate in Miss Universe Canada 2018. The competition is a National event taking place in the City of Toronto, Ontario in the summer of 2018. Miss Pereira is looking for sponsorship to help with costs associated with travel, training and competition.
- Housing Agreement Bylaw No. 1340, 2018 was adopted. This Bylaw was brought forward to make changes to Bylaw 1328 and amendment 1328.01. Lots 3 and 16 were registered as affordable housing lots. Hartmut Buckendahl of 1068612 BC Ltd, has made a request to transfer the affordable housing covenant that was originally set up on lot 3 to lot 14.
- Foreshore and Lake Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1294.03, 2018 (Wibit Water Park) was read for a first and second time. This amendment will change the zoning from W1 – Public Water Use to W4 – Commercial Moorage as well adding “inflatable waterpark” as a site-specific permitted use.
- Off Street Public Parking Regulation Amendment Bylaw No. 1274.03, 2018 was read three times. This amendment bylaw is to address fees associated with pay parking at the boat trailer parking lot and how it will be managed.
- Animal Control and Licensing Amendment Bylaw No. 1316.01, 2018 was read three times. This amendment bylaw is to make the Impoundment Fee for Licensed Dogs the same as the MTI Fines for Dogs at Large.
- Municipal Ticket Information Amendment Bylaw No. 1279.15, 2018 was read three times. This amendment bylaw is to make the MTI fines for Dogs at Large the same as the Impoundment Fee which is charged in the Animal Control and Licensing Bylaw as well as amends the cemetery fines and is updating the Off-Street Parking Regulation Bylaw No. 1274, 2010 to allow use of Self-Serve Ticket Dispensing in the Boat Trailer Parking Lot. The MTI Bylaw schedule needs to be updated to allow to ticket users who fail to pay parking fees and to remove the parking without a permit offence.
- Council approved $5,500 from the Resort Municipality Initiative (RMI) funds to offset the cost of the bike jumping component for the Cactus Car Jalopies event.
- Council authorized the Mayor and the Corporate Officer to sign the Resort Municipality Renewal Agreement between the Town of Osoyoos and the Province of BC.
- Council approved the Fire Department Training Facilities Use Agreement with the Town of Oliver and authorized the signatories to sign the agreement.
- Council supported the RDOS in the implementation of an inter-regional transit connection between Penticton and Kelowna.
- Council approved the Mutual Aid Agreement for Fire Protection and Council authorized the Town signatories to sign the agreement.
- Councillor King attended Destination Osoyoos Economic Development Committee meeting.
- Councillor King thanked everyone who volunteered in the Easter Eggstravaganza.
- Councillor Campol thanked the Osoyoos Coyotes for another great season.
- Councillor Campol encouraged residents to use the side streets during the Main Street construction.
- Councillor Rhodes encouraged Council to speak out about what they support and express their ideas and opinions.
- Mayor McKortoff thanked everyone who volunteers in the community.
- Mayor McKortoff thanked everyone who volunteered and participated in the Easter Eggstravaganza.
- Mayor McKortoff encouraged volunteers to attend the Volunteer Appreciation on April 21st.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam