You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for April 3, 2017
Canada's warmest welcome ®* November 13 2019
Council Meeting Highlights for April 3, 2017
2019 Rockin' with Santa on December 21 at Sun Bowl Arena
Halloween Monster's Ball on October 31 at SCC
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
2019 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
Art Gallery Creativity In Our Community Application Deadline Dec 15
2019-2020 Osoyoos Concert Series
Live at the Summit Music Series 2019 - 2020
2019 Osoyoos Festival Society Annual Christmas Lite Up
Art Gallery Opening Reception for The Way We See It on October 12
Fire Prevention Week Open House and BBQ at Fire Hall on October 12
2019 Empty Bowls Fundraiser November 13
2019 Soroptimists of Osoyoos Fashion Show November 16
Desert Valley Hospice Caring Hands Fundraiser November 23
2019 Christmas Artisan Market Open House November 9
2020 Committee of the Whole and Regular Council Meeting Schedule
Remembrance Day Ceremony on November 11, 2019
Santa's Night Out 2019
United Church Thrift Shop Christmas Sale
East Osoyoos Christmas Market
Council Meeting Highlights for April 3, 2017
- Ken Clarke President of Desert Valley Hospice Society (DVHS) and Donna Kelso made a presentation to council. DVHS is hosting an event on April 18th at the Seniors Centre in Osoyoos called Hello. There will be a free lunch which lead into the interactive card game called Hello. DVHS also offers a Supportive Care Program which is a day program that is offered to clients and family who need support. The Hike for Hospice will be held on May 7th at Lions Park at 12:30 pm in Oliver. Mr. Clarke stated that DVHS has two major fundraisers. Caring Hands in November which is held at the Frank Venables Auditorium in November and the Hike for Hospice in May.
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- Carl Meadows, South Okanagan Health Services Administrator from Interior Health made a presentation to council regarding the South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH), their Emergency Department, beds available and doctor shortages in the area. Mr. Meadows provided council with information on having successfully recruited 7 new physicians (some part-time for ED). These physicians will be distributed thru out the South Okanagan. Mr. Meadows stated that SOGH is doing outstanding in comparison with other hospitals.
- Lacey Point Sewer System Parcel Tax Amendment Bylaw No. 1158.04, 2017 – was read for the First three readings. This Bylaw was established to recover costs associated with the specified areas sewer infrastructure improvements. In 2016 there were 41 parcels. In 2017 one of the properties was subdivided bringing the parcels to 42.
- Waste Management Services and Regulations Amendment Bylaw No. 1309.03, 2017 was read for the First three readings. This Bylaw was established to set regulations for services to collect and dispose of solid waste and recyclable materials within the Town of Osoyoos, and for materials accepted at the Osoyoos Sanitary landfill.
- Official Community Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 1230.16, 2016 was read for a Third time. This Bylaw is regarding the Application for Comprehensive Development of 4217 Lakeshore Drive. The following Bylaw amendments will enable comprehensive development of the property located at 4217 Lakeshore Drive for mixed housing along with a small amount of commercial space.
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.96, 2016 as further amended was read for a Third time. This Bylaw is regarding the Application for Comprehensive Development of 4217 Lakeshore Drive. The following Bylaw amendments will enable comprehensive development of the property located at 4217 Lakeshore Drive for mixed housing along with a small amount of commercial space.
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.101, 2016 was read for a Third time. This Bylaw is regarding the Application for Comprehensive Development of 4217 Lakeshore Drive. The following Bylaw amendments will enable comprehensive development of the property located at 4217 Lakeshore Drive for mixed housing along with a small amount of commercial space.
- Housing Agreement Bylaw No. 1328, 2017 was read for a first, second and third time. This Bylaw is for Council to authorize the Mayor and Clerk to enter into an agreement with 1068612 BC Ltd on behalf of the Town of Osoyoos. The Town will be selling 5 serviced lots to 1068612 BC Ltd. For a total value of $415,000. Council authorized staff to bring the Contract of Purchase and Sale forward for signing by the authorized Town signatories and 1068612 BC Ltd.
- Inflatable Waterpark Request for Proposals (PF15-04) – Council directed staff to accept the offer for a site visit with Rylie Gallagher to Legion Beach to gain appreciation of how the inflatable water park will fit in with the site and to ask any questions. Council also directed staff to set up a public drop in meeting on the Wibit proposal.
- Street Food Vendor Applications for 2017 – Council approved the proposed vending locations at the Sage Pub and the parking stalls at the north-east corner of 85th Street and Main Street for the BBQ King and Pioneer Walkway for Kick Ma’ Dawg and that the Town’s signing authorities be authorized to sign the Vending Site Licence of Use Agreement for the municipal sites.
- Request to Provide Sewer Service to 8311 98th Ave – Council authorizes Mr. Nichol to connect to the North West Sanitary Sewer Service for a fee of $23,790.00.
- Councillor Youngberg encouraged volunteers to attend the Volunteer Luncheon on April 22nd
- Councillor Youngberg encouraged people to attend the Oyster Feed which is held by the Fire Department and is hosted on April 22nd
- Councillor Youngberg encouraged people to support the Canadian Cancer Society and purchase a daffodil.
- Councillor Youngberg encouraged people to donate to the Osoyoos Museum.
- Councillor Campol attend the celebration of Chief Clarence Louie who was inducted to the Order of Canada.
- Councillor Campol urged residents to do research on the Health Issues and be informed in what is going on in the community.
- Councillor King attended the meeting at Destination Osoyoos.
- Councillor King attended the Open house at the Osoyoos Museum and they have received a grant for their new ap.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the Osoyoos Museum open house.
- Mayor McKortoff wished a Happy 60th Wedding Anniversary to Pat and Bill Yelland.
- Mayor McKortoff thanked the Osoyoos Water Lake Quality Society for their hard work.
- Mayor McKortoff encouraged everyone to attend the Easter Eggstravaganza.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Claim my Homeowners Grant (HOG)
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Know Where to Rent/Purchase Carts for Residential Waste
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam