You are hereHome › Council Meeting Highlights for April 18, 2017
Canada's warmest welcome ®* April 23 2019
Council Meeting Highlights for April 18, 2017
18th Annual Volunteer Appreciation Awards and Breakfast on April 6
Spirit of Osoyoos Community BBQ Fundraiser on May 3
OFFICE CLOSED (2019)
South Okanagan Concert Society - 2019 Concert Season
The Art Gallery presents "Quilts Etc."
OSOYOOS MUSEUM FREE ADMISSION DAYS
Osoyoos Museum - Annual Christmas Open House
Osoyoos Museum Society Annual General Meeting
Osoyoos Museum - The Great Day of Adventure
Farm and Ranch Wildfire Preparedness Workshop
Osoyoos Art Gallery "On The Wall"
CFSO - A Community Conversation on Housing
Burger & Beer Fundraiser - Desert Valley Hospice Society
2019 Soroptimist Spring Fashion Show
25th Annual Easter Eggstravaganza April 20, 2019
SOAP Theatre presents Lawrence & Holloman
The Art Gallery 'Trifocal Perspectives'
NOON OFFICE CLOSURE at Town Hall on April 11, 2019
Volunteers Needed for Pitch-In Week on April 27
Council Meeting Highlights for April 18, 2017
- Angela Nagy, CEO GreenStep Solutions Inc. made a presentation to council regarding the Overview of Consultation and Business Education Campaign. GreenStep Solutions Inc. is contracted by the RDOS to undertake a business education campaign for small and medium sized businesses as well as multifamily developments on the subjects for recycling and organic waste management. Their goals is to raise awareness and input broad engagement amongst the business community and multifamily development prior to starting the communication and outreach strategy.
- Marilyn Mulldoon and Brenda Dorosz made a presentation regarding the Doctor shortage in Osoyoos. Residents for Healthcare is a small group comprised of Ms. Mulldoon, Mrs. Dorosz and Gaye Horn. The group is researching creative healthcare solutions. Mrs. Dorosz presented a petition with 1,194 signatures regarding the need for doctors. There was discussion around a walk in clinic.
REGULAR OPEN MEETING
- Lacey Point Sewer System Parcel Tax Amendment Bylaw No. 1158.04, 2017 – was adopted. This Bylaw was established to recover costs associated with the specified areas sewer infrastructure improvements. In 2016 there were 41 parcels. In 2017 one of the properties was subdivided bringing the parcels to 42.
- Waste Management Services and Regulations Amendment Bylaw No. 1309.03, 2017 was adopted. This Bylaw was established to set regulations for services to collect and dispose of solid waste and recyclable materials within the Town of Osoyoos, and for materials accepted at the Osoyoos Sanitary landfill.
- Official Community Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 1230.16, 2016 was adopted. This Bylaw is regarding the Application for Comprehensive Development of 4217 Lakeshore Drive. The Bylaw amendments will enable comprehensive development of the property located at 4217 Lakeshore Drive for mixed housing along with a small amount of commercial space.
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.96, 2016 was adopted. This Bylaw is regarding the Application for Comprehensive Development of 4217 Lakeshore Drive. The Bylaw amendments will enable comprehensive development of the property located at 4217 Lakeshore Drive for mixed housing along with a small amount of commercial space.
- Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1085.101, 2016 was adopted. This Bylaw is regarding the Application for Comprehensive Development of 4217 Lakeshore Drive. The Bylaw amendments will enable comprehensive development of the property located at 4217 Lakeshore Drive for mixed housing along with a small amount of commercial space.
- Council approved that 2017 Annual General Meeting Date be set for Monday, June 19 2017 at 1:00 PM in the Council Chambers and that the Regular Open Meeting of Council begin immediately following the AGM.
- Council approved the Grant In-Aid Applications as recommended from the Committee.
- Councillor Youngberg encouraged everyone to attend the Medieval Faire being held at Desert Park on May long weekend.
- Councillor Youngberg encouraged people to attend the Oyster Feed which is held by the Fire Department and is hosted on April 22nd
- Councillor Youngberg encouraged people to support the Canadian Cancer Society and purchase a daffodil.
- Councillor King attended an Education Committee meeting with School District #53.
- Councillor Rhodes attended a meeting with the Waterfront Steering Committee at Legion Beach regarding the Wibit proposal.
- Mayor McKortoff thanked everyone who responded and will be attending the Annual Volunteer luncheon.
- Mayor McKortoff attended the Vimy Ridge memorial ceremony.
- Mayor McKortoff thanked everyone who volunteered and attend the Easter Eggstravaganza festivities.
Copies of reports are available within the Council Agenda packages located on the Town’s website www.osoyoos.ca.
The public is encouraged to attend the Committee of the Whole meetings which take place in Council Chambers at 9:00AM on the morning of the Regular Open Council meetings at 2:00 PM to learn additional in-depth information regarding upcoming business.
- About Osoyoos
- Animal Control & Licensing
- Anti-Idling Taking Action
- Boat Launch & Marina
- Boat Trailer & RV Parking
- Community Groups
- Events Calendar
- Memorial Benches
- Osprey Nest Live WebCam
- Parks & Recreation Facilities
- Recreation Programs
- Resort Municipality Initiative
- South Okanagan General Hospital (SOGH)
- Special Events
- Visiting Osoyoos
- Web Links
- Agendas, Minutes & Videos
- Annual Report
- Approaching Council
- Business Plan
- Capital and Operating Budgets
- Climate Action Recognition Program
- Committee of the Whole
- Council Members
- Financial Statements
- Mayor's Message
- Parks and Trails Master Plan
- Professional Reports and Studies
- Regular Council Meeting
- Role of Member of Council
- Ambulance & Police
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Chief Administrative Officer
- Community Services (Recreation)
- Corporate Services
- Curbside Garbage & Recycling
- Customer Service Feedback
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fire Department
- Near-Market Housing Meadowlark Place
- Operational Services (Public Works)
- Planning & Development Services
- Property Taxes
- Recreation Programs
- Rural District Water Systems 8 & 9
- RV Sani-Dump Station Information
- I Want To...
- Apply for a Building Permit
- Business Licences/Permits
- Apply for a Community Grant
- Apply for Employment Opportunity
- Book Ice Time
- Contact Us
- Find a Bylaw
- Find Dog Parks
- Find Out Landfill Hours
- Pay my Property Taxes
- Report a Street Light Out
- Submit a Request - Osoyoos Listens
- Subscribe to eNews
- View Current Water Restrictions
- View Maps
- View Osoyoos Lake Levels
- View Public Skating Schedule
- View the LIVE Osprey Nest Webcam